Sunday, February 4, 2007

Its Never Too Late

Its been about three weeks since i returned to Manipal. Three weeks of complete delectation, three weeks of shunning my course material, three weeks of fantasizing; in short three weeks utterly wasted. I doubt whether i have gone through any three weeks of my life after age ten without touching a single studybook; well, i have now. Its hard to find time for academics between Counter Strike, jamming, Gobor's "leettle" magazine, sleep and...other stuff.

Which reminds me of what Dutta told me sometime back; One should always know what one is doing with his time. Simply speaking, i don't. Counter Strike, jamming, "leetle" magazine, sleep and the other stuff i mentioned do not make up the twenty-four hours of my day, contradictory though it might sound.


Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you,
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.


I have always been this way. I have always whiled away my time or procrastinated, even though the realisation has been with me for quite a while. A flaw in my character, perhaps. This is probably the reason i get the feeling that i have never really lived up to my own expectations, never achieved what i could have.

Hope this doesn't continue for too long a time. I'll make sure it doesn't.

No comments: